Here you’ll find a variety of community resources for handy reference. Working together, the Tierra Linda staff and parents reach out to the local community in several important (often groundbreaking) ways. This involves staying in touch with our local school district, legislators and community service representatives. By engaging in ongoing dialogues and serving on committees or task forces, we can all support Tierra Linda Middle School – as well as the San Carlos community.
Below are a few examples of ways we collaborate with the community:
- San Carlos School District – standards, funding, state curriculum
- Site Council – funding, technology, curriculum, school materials
- Local high schools – mentoring and assisting with 8th grade high school transition
- San Carlos Youth Center – after school recreation and dances
- San Carlos Education Foundation – local elementary and middle school volunteers
- San Carlos Library – provides books for special class reading assignments.