8th GRADE TRANSITION INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS
Carlmont’s 8th Grade Transition Team, part of the PTSA, is here to provide 8th grade students and their parents/guardians, with information about opportunities for learning at Carlmont High School. The committee is comprised of the Principal of Carlmont High School and parent volunteers. We host a series of events throughout the school year and provide families with information through this monthly newsletter and our website page.
8th GRADE PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22
PARENTS ONLY PLEASE!
This is our largest event and is intended to provide a broad overview of the academic program at Carlmont. The evening begins with campus tours followed by a presentation in the Performing Arts Center with an introduction from Carlmont Principal Ralph Crame and an overview of electives and our athletic program. Parents are then dismissed to classrooms to hear presentations from teachers in the four core subjects: English, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- Tours and Presentation are in the Carlmont High School Performing Arts
- 6:00 p.m. – Campus Tours begin in front of the Performing Arts The last tour leaves from the Performing Arts Center at 6:15 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Presentation by Carlmont Principal Ralph Crame, overview of our electives and athletic program and visits to
- Please park in the lot by the tennis courts (2nd entrance coming from San Carlos or Belmont, across from Chula Vista). The Performing Arts Center is straight ahead at the top of the Please plan to arrive early to find parking.
- Due to space constraints, this is a parent only Students are invited to participate in our shadowing program and to attend the Student/Parent Forums with campus tours January through March.
- Additional information and an event flyer are available at: http://carlmonths/?id=260
CARLMONT’S SHADOWING PROGRAM: Registration begins in October 2015 Carlmont’s Shadowing Program offers two options to choose from for 8th grade students: Individual (one on one) or Group Shadowing. Additional information and instructions on how to register will be
available beginning in October at: http://carlmonths.org/?id=260
- Carlmont website: http://carlmonths.org/
- 8thGrade Transition: http://carlmonths.org/?id=260
- Sequoia Union High School District website: http://www.seq.org/frontPage
MIDDLE SCHOOL LIAISONS
- Central, Tierra Linda: Julie Andersson email@example.com
- Charter: Betsy Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ralston: Terri Murai email@example.com
- Non Feeder: Carol Castro firstname.lastname@example.org *
* Please email us at: email@example.com if you would like to join our mailing list.